pulling a Tube with a 2001 XP? Is it possible? - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    Sea Doo 1999 Speedster Twin Rotax
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 3 Given: 0

Question pulling a Tube with a 2001 XP? Is it possible?

I would like to pull a tube behind my 2001 Sea Doo Xp. The PWC does not have a ski rope tie, so I would like to know if this is even Possible?

Thanks for the info!

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

You could use the 2 loops below the rub rail on the rear of the seadoo.

Karl
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73 Given: 0

Default Towing a tube....

The XP has plenty of power to tow a tube, engine wise. What it lacks is a rear facing seat for an observer to safely sit while towing. For this reason, there is no tow pylon (attachment) for this ski available.

In most states, it's against the law for a two seat ski to tow another person. I'm not a stickler for the laws and would probably be the first one busted doing it, but I would probably give it a try. But, that is the reason Seadoo didn't install one. The two loops Karl is referring to is the tie down anchors.

Good luck, let us know how it went. If you tow a tube and make a sharp turn, the tube is going to fly out with such "G" force, that it's probably going to yank you out from under the ski......................that sounds fun just thinking about it!.........
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2000 SeaDoo XP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1 Given: 0

I towed my little step brother last weekend with my 2000 xp. I just pulled the rope through both loops and tied it in the middle. It did pretty good, just be careful turning around cause it will wanna tip.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information