Watercrafts
    94 Sea Doo Bombardier Jetski
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Gray gooey substance coming from exhaust.....

My wife and I just bought a used 1994 Sea Doo Bombardier Jetski with a rebuilt engine. The guy we bought it from said it was a fresh rebuilt engine. When we got home and started it with a water hose we noticed a grayish gooey substance dripping from the exhaust. Any idea on what is causing this and/or what the problem might be? Your help is much appreciated - we've had it for over a month now and are anxiously waiting to take it out into the ocean, but not before we fix the problem!

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    '00 Polaris Genesis '96 XP800 '02 Islandia 240 EFI
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 169 Given: 0

It's just oil mixing with water. If it's been sitting... that's kind of normal.

If it seems like it is running right... take it to the lake, and give it a ride. It will clear out.
    Tony
    Prez, A&L Motorsports, LLC
    PM or post for help. Don't leave questions in my profile box. (i never check it)

I'm not going to be able to do vinyl or carbs for a while. Starting my new job is taking a lot of time

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    3 Modded 96XPs -=- 93 GTX for the GF -=- and over 100 as parts for sale! -=-
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121 Given: 182

Its prob one of the reasons it was rebuilt...it prob hardly got run and their is still oil in the exhaust.
    Current part out list; Click below to view pictures. PM for availability & pricing

Ride it like you ain't got a dime in it!!!

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 SEADOO GTX 2001 SEADOO GS
    Thumbs Up

hey guys, sorry to butt in on your thread pramour787 but for some reason i cant make a new thread...I got a similar problem, maybe you guys can help me. I got a 96 GTX 787, i cleaned the carbs myself (my first time doing it). I put everything back together and started the ski with just the carbs/air filter on (but without the entire air box housing). ski started but gave me a scare cuz it rev'd really high. I assumed it was just sucking in to much air so I put a shop cloth over the air filter and the rev's came down. first question: (can u guys give me any advise on this I think i out everything back together correctly including the setting the high and low fuel adjments. can i adjust the high and low fuel needles while its running or is it just rev'ing really high cuz the air box housng isnt on?) ok, i also noticed a lot of white smoke. which is a new thing cuz it use to not smoke that much and the water coming out if the exhaust was really dark. I checked it and noticed oil in the water exiting out of the exhaust (seemed like a lot of oil to me) I ran it for 10 mintues with ahose and didnt get better or burn off...

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

so i got white smoke and oil comming out of my exhaust (color varies a bit from greyish to dark)...any ideas?...the ski had been sitting all winter but i would think the oil would of burn off after 10 mintues of running with hose and ive never had oil come out hte exhaust before that i can remember

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    3 Modded 96XPs -=- 93 GTX for the GF -=- and over 100 as parts for sale! -=-
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 121 Given: 182

again when they sit in storage oil seeps past the oil bath seals and into the crankcase. If its not too much you will get it to start, then it will smoke like crazy and maybe drip out the exhaust.

Also note unless you are running it like you do on the lake, it will not suck all oil up and out until is run wide open and continue to smoke.

10mins on the hose is NOT good. the thru hull seal needs water on it. You should not run a ski with a carbone ring hull seal more than a min or two.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

I ran it on the hose but 5min at a time, I was told that was ok but your right i need to take it to the lake, im going try to go today just to get the oil out...what if it doesnt stop leakn oil?.... bad gasket/seal somwhere?

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

anything i should do before i take it to the lake?....im going to check the compression on the cylinders first...anything else?

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information