Clicking when trying to start - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    2001, 2002 seadoo gtx
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Clicking when trying to start

I have a 2001 GTX. When I press the red start button all I get is a clicking noise in the black box under the back seat. I noticed there are what appears to be two solinoids and a coil in there. What could be the problem?

Coil, Soleniods? Help

Thanks,
    Jim

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Solenoid?...

It may be your solenoid. What you can do is take two screwdrivers or any other heavy gage metal or wire and jump from one lug to the other of the solenoids heavy gage, red wires. If the starter turns over, it's the solenoid. If the starter does nothing, it's the starter.

Most of the time, its the solenoid. If your not familar with that procedure, your going to see a spark arc when you bring the metal of the screwdrivers together.
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information