Go New or Stay Old? - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
    Amherst Ohio
    1996 Sea Doo GSX
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Go New or Stay Old?

Guessing my GSX will need an engine rebuild and VTS work, while it's running and working for now, trade it in on a new/newer ski, and fix the GSX and deck it out with new paint, hydroturf, seat, bars, decals and the whole works? i like the ski it's fine. for a 96 to go 55+ i cannot complain, although wanting a newer ski such as an XPL/XP or RXP they are expensive and i don't know how they have been used or abused mechanically and physically. either way it's expensive. so keep what i have and make it great or buy something great?
    and is it possible to replace my 787 engine with a 951 engine, how much would that run? i looked for prices but only found engine parts..
    1996 GSX
    Altered Carbs

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Deep South
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default 787....

You'll need to be happy with the 787, since the electrical systems and a host of other things, including throttle cable, would have to be replaced. For the price, you could buy one cheaper. The motor mounts, weight load, .....nothing about the 951 would match.........

I love the 787 cause of how easy it is to work on.......
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information