Advice on PWC lift or floating dock - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    2002 GTX DI
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Advice on PWC lift or floating dock

OK - I'd like your suggestions on the type of lift/dock I should talk the wife into letting me buy. We are in saltwater at the end of a creek in the Chesapeake Bay. Normal tide changes are 1-2'. On rare occassions storm surge can cause it to raise 3-4'. Do I go with a lift or a floating dock? Lift's seem to work better given the amount of tidal surge we get, but floating docks seem a whole lot easier to do maintenance on, such as fueling my ski up and washing it down. Your thoughts...

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Floating dock....

There are several types out there, from the pre-fab to the "build a block" type. Where you can just keep adding on one after the other.

I'm looking into a floating dock myself and for the most part, sold on the floating rig. Like you said, less maintenance, no electricity and easy to use.

Because I live on the Gulf coast and was somewhat affected by Hurricane Katrina, I've been looking at this type dock. Check out the link. Tell me what you think!........ http://www.floatingdockshop.com/
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

4. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #3
    Watercrafts
    2002 GTX DI
    Thumbs Up

Seadoosnipe - thanks for the link. That drive on dock has some nice features I haven't seen before. Do you have any cost data?

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up

Default .....cost?

I'm at work right now and the spread sheet I have been doing my research on is at home. I do remember the set up on the link I sent you was a bigger chunk of change than the modular floaters.

I get off in the morning and will try and remember to come back to this post later in the day and post some of the pricing. Keep in mind, I'm looking at the set up for my boat, not a PWC.......

0 Not allowed!

6. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #5
    Watercrafts
    2002 GTX DI
    Thumbs Up

Thanks - any info would be great!

0 Not allowed!

7. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #6
    Watercrafts
    2002 GTX DI
    Thumbs Up

Just found a good price list - looks like 1800 for the PWC drive on...

http://www.midwestlake.com/resources...et10-24-06.pdf

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Default Modulars....

Yeah, those are the modulars......I've looked at a few of these. For the most part, they all seem to be built the same way. I've also looked at one that were made of a floating "foam" type material.

But with the winds, tropical storms and our surge from storms in the Gulf, I don't know how well the modulars will hold up.

But do your research. Read all you can. That's where I am at the moment. I mean, the old school way, a set of boards with 4 pylons and all the hardware to put in a screw type lift is all that was available 20 years ago, now, the technology is pointing toward this new stuff......seems like a great idea!.......

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information