XP-s synthetic oil - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
    97 Seadoo GTX
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 1 Given: 0

Default XP-s synthetic oil

I have a 1997 GTX and the previous owner used XP-S 2-stroke synthetic - is this the correct stuff?

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Northern Sweden
    Sea-Doo GTI 2003
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Yepp, that would be correct. It's recomended for all Seadoo 2-stroke engines.
    If you find my spelling somewhat off.. Well, hey! I'm Swedish :-)

0 Not allowed!

Deep South
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Break in...

The XP-S formula is actually only required in the first break in tank. After that, if you choose not to run the XP-S formula, you'll have to use an oil that meets Seadoo's requirements.

The oil requrired for the Rotax 2 strokes is a non-NMMA, non-TCW-3, low ash oil. But if your engine has used the XP-S since it was bought and is the original engine, I wouldn't change because the engines wear has become acclaimated to the additives of that specific oil.

Other brands, for those that live to far away from a Seadoo distributer is Amsoil 2-cycle, low ash or QuickSilver. Personally, in my 1997 Rotax, I use the Quicksilver "Full Synthetic" blend. They make two types. The standard synthetic, which has other bases in it and the "Full Synthetic". If you see these oils in Wal Mart, read the back of the label and you'll see where it is useable in Seadoo's.........now, for those that have said this is "taboo". If it weren't a useable product for the Seadoo 2 stroke, don't you think Seadoo would be sueing Honda for putting their name on the back of their bottle?
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information