Watercrafts
    1997 sea-doo Xp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default 97 XP Wont Start

Hi, I have a 1997 xp took it out yesterday ran for about 10mins then turned it off to change riders and would not start again

Has a fully rebuilt carbs spark, full tank of gas but will not fire, turns over perfectly but just wont run

Any help would be great thanks

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33 Given: 0

Default Fire?

Quote Originally Posted by SJMAN View Post
    Hi, I have a 1997 xp took it out yesterday ran for about 10mins then turned it off to change riders and would not start again

Has a fully rebuilt carbs spark, full tank of gas but will not fire, turns over perfectly but just wont run

Any help would be great thanks
    You said it had fire. Can I assume you are talking about spark at the plugs? If you know you have spark at the plugs, then the way you troubleshoot this is by going backwards from what you last done. By your statement, that's the carb rebuild.

Did you do a pop off test when you rebuilt them? If not, then it's totally possible that you have to high a pop off, which is limiting your ability to get enough vacuum to open the needle valve, getting the engine to start.

Take the plugs out and pour a coke bottle cap full of "weedeater" gas in each plug. Now, try to start it. If it starts and runs for a few seconds then dies, it's the carbs......
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 sea-doo Xp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Put some fuel into the spark plug holes and it fired up then stop.

I started it again it ran, and keeps running now.

Any ideas to what the problem may have been because it seems to run fine now

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information