Help Need Opinons Fast - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
Results 1 to 22 of 22
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    21
    Watercrafts
    01 Seadoo GTX DI -RIP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default Help Need Opinons Fast

    So im in the market for a new ski. so far ive looked at the rxt's. my only concerns are they are really heavy and dont look as if there goodto jump or throw around, also the clutch in the supercharger.

    any opionons?

    I also need info on the 06 and up GTI SE (155hp model only).
    Such as power delievery, versatility, handeling, top speed, and if anyone has the 130hp model whats the power like on that?

    thanks,
    dan

    0 Not allowed!

  2. # ADS
     

  3. #2

    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    146
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default Wow dude!.....

    Dude, the best info anyone can give you here is to go out on the lake or the beach and watch others play. Or you can go to the "seadoofeed" and catch some vids there.
    Buying a ski is a personal preference. When you say your worried about it handling the waves doing jumps and stuff, I've seen these 20 foot Challenger boats take a 3 foot wave and hit 8 feet of air........
    So, do a little research on the web, look at the models and vids...there isn't a sole here who can help you buy your Doo.......
    The supercharged 4-TEC is the most powerful Doo motor out right now. But with the cost of fuel now days, I'd buy a Doo with the old 787cc engine. Hell, 50+ mph is enough to go out and tear it up and get some serious air!

    0 Not allowed!

  4. #3
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    va beach
    Posts
    39
    Watercrafts
    rxp, rxt, xp, spx, sx750
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Skatman View Post
    Dude, the best info anyone can give you here is to go out on the lake or the beach and watch others play. Or you can go to the "seadoofeed" and catch some vids there.
    Buying a ski is a personal preference. When you say your worried about it handling the waves doing jumps and stuff, I've seen these 20 foot Challenger boats take a 3 foot wave and hit 8 feet of air........
    So, do a little research on the web, look at the models and vids...there isn't a sole here who can help you buy your Doo.......
    The supercharged 4-TEC is the most powerful Doo motor out right now. But with the cost of fuel now days, I'd buy a Doo with the old 787cc engine. Hell, 50+ mph is enough to go out and tear it up and get some serious air!
    Amen to that! If you are wanting to do nothing but jump waves, get an older smaller model with the 787cc. They are hundreds of pounds lighter and love getting airborne.

    0 Not allowed!

  5. #4
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Maine
    Posts
    45
    Watercrafts
    RXPX in may can't wait
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    go jump a good swell on a RXT.... I think you will be having a second opinion. RXT are not heavy skies to todays standards look at the FX SHO and ultra, now those are heavy skies. Acceleration with an RXT is impressive you won't have that with the 787. But then again I would have to agree with getting the 787 because wave jumping you will be the sh*t out of your ski and have constant repairs

    0 Not allowed!

  6. #5
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    va beach
    Posts
    39
    Watercrafts
    rxp, rxt, xp, spx, sx750
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SEAdooingFREAK View Post
    go jump a good swell on a RXT.... I think you will be having a second opinion. RXT are not heavy skies to todays standards look at the FX SHO and ultra, now those are heavy skies. Acceleration with an RXT is impressive you won't have that with the 787. But then again I would have to agree with getting the 787 because wave jumping you will be the sh*t out of your ski and have constant repairs
    Actually, I have an RXT and I don't have a second opinion. It is a heavy ski, MUCH heavier than my 97 spx and as for acceleration not being there with the 787!?!?! I don't think you have ridden one in a while. My 97 SPX literally smokes my RXT up to about 35-40mph and the RXT only crawls back up to it until the 787 is about topped out and then the RXT flies by. Also, jumping a large wake with an RXT is not very comfortable when you come down for landing. Two different skis, two different opinions, but all Bombardier!!

    0 Not allowed!

  7. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #6
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    21
    Watercrafts
    01 Seadoo GTX DI -RIP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    does anyone know the top speed of the gti se with 155hp?

    0 Not allowed!

  8. #7
    Senior Member sanpan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lees Summit Mo / Lake of the Ozarks 11.5MM
    Posts
    106
    Watercrafts
    25 ft sanpan 225 honda 1996 seadoo gti 2007 seadoo gti se 155 hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2 Given: 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    So im in the market for a new ski. so far ive looked at the rxt's. my only concerns are they are really heavy and dont look as if there goodto jump or throw around, also the clutch in the supercharger.

    any opionons?

    I also need info on the 06 and up GTI SE (155hp model only).
    Such as power delievery, versatility, handeling, top speed, and if anyone has the 130hp model whats the power like on that?

    thanks,
    dan
    I have a GTI SE 155hp. Of all the skis I have I love this one. good throttle response and jump on and go dependablity (60 mph with me on it). I have a 96 2 stroke gti dual carb to play on, and just use the 07 for riding and kids oull each other tubing and skiing.
    Last edited by sanpan25; 05-05-08 at 11:20 AM.
    Lake of the Ozarks more than a place.....It is a state of Mind!

    0 Not allowed!

  9. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    21
    Watercrafts
    01 Seadoo GTX DI -RIP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Thanks. If you dont mind me asking are you a real big guy, small, jacked, etc?

    0 Not allowed!

  10. #9
    Senior Member sanpan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lees Summit Mo / Lake of the Ozarks 11.5MM
    Posts
    106
    Watercrafts
    25 ft sanpan 225 honda 1996 seadoo gti 2007 seadoo gti se 155 hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2 Given: 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan View Post
    Thanks. If you dont mind me asking are you a real big guy, small, jacked, etc?
    I am 6ft 210lbs and happiliy married

    0 Not allowed!

  11. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #10
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    MA
    Posts
    21
    Watercrafts
    01 Seadoo GTX DI -RIP
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Thankks, Iam about 60 lbs lighter and 3 inches shorter so it should go good, i cant wait tp try one of these out.

    0 Not allowed!

  12. #11
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    5
    Watercrafts
    25' Carolina Classic, 300 KAD Diesel 17' Boston Whaler Montauk, 90 HP Mercury Pair of Seadoo GTI S
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default Gti Se

    Dan,

    Another plus (I own a pair of GTI SE's) the GTI SE uses regular gas. Any Seadoo with a supercharger requires premium gas and probably increased maintenance.

    You have to pay to play.....

    0 Not allowed!

  13. #12
    Member dieselman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    96
    Watercrafts
    2007 GTI
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    I have a 2007 GTI 155 HP, and there is no way it will do 60 mph 54 max on calm water but it has lots of power and it is great on gas and dependable. My buddy has the same 2007 GTI with the 130 HP and I cant beat him he can stay beside me till after 50 MPH then I start to pull ahead by a length or two. and we are both 6/2 225 lbs. These new GTIs with the 4 strokes are great same 1500 CC motor as the big boys just no turbo or inercooler to mess up.

    0 Not allowed!

  14. #13
    Senior Member sanpan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lees Summit Mo / Lake of the Ozarks 11.5MM
    Posts
    106
    Watercrafts
    25 ft sanpan 225 honda 1996 seadoo gti 2007 seadoo gti se 155 hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2 Given: 4

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by dieselman View Post
    I have a 2007 GTI 155 HP, and there is no way it will do 60 mph 54 max on calm water but it has lots of power and it is great on gas and dependable. My buddy has the same 2007 GTI with the 130 HP and I cant beat him he can stay beside me till after 50 MPH then I start to pull ahead by a length or two. and we are both 6/2 225 lbs. These new GTIs with the 4 strokes are great same 1500 CC motor as the big boys just no turbo or inercooler to mess up.
    I road mine last weekend and hit 60 MPH on speedo, it might be in correct I dont have a GPS. Not exagarating just stating what we have.

    0 Not allowed!

  15. #14
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Virginia, on the Chesapeake Bay
    Posts
    5
    Watercrafts
    25' Carolina Classic, 300 KAD Diesel 17' Boston Whaler Montauk, 90 HP Mercury Pair of Seadoo GTI S
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default speed?

    Dieselman,

    I hit 60 mph (not GPS certified) on both my GTI SE's. I only weigh 143 lbs though. Guess that might make the difference.

    0 Not allowed!

  16. #15
    Member dieselman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    96
    Watercrafts
    2007 GTI
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Well that speed was checked with my GPS but I had my teenager on with me I am 220 6/2 and the teen 120 so 340 and that was just holding it for no more than 5 seconds. I will try with just me now that it is close to 10 hrs on it.

    0 Not allowed!

  17. #16
    Senior Member sanpan25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Lees Summit Mo / Lake of the Ozarks 11.5MM
    Posts
    106
    Watercrafts
    25 ft sanpan 225 honda 1996 seadoo gti 2007 seadoo gti se 155 hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 2 Given: 4

    Default

    Move to the back of the ski and lean out of the wind!

    0 Not allowed!

  18. #17
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    va beach
    Posts
    39
    Watercrafts
    rxp, rxt, xp, spx, sx750
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Tie a rubberband around the throttle and jump off of it.

    0 Not allowed!

  19. #18
    Member dieselman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    96
    Watercrafts
    2007 GTI
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabotage10 View Post
    Tie a rubberband around the throttle and jump off of it.
    Thats not very nice besides I might do it on the same lake your family was on sun bathing and it might run up on shore and wipe them all out...

    0 Not allowed!

  20. #19
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    6
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by sabotage10 View Post
    Tie a rubberband around the throttle and jump off of it.
    that's actually a really scary thought....

    0 Not allowed!

  21. #20
    kustomkarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny S.W. coast of Englewood, Florida
    Posts
    11,229
    Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

    Default

    I'm sure it was meant to be a joke...just poor taste.
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

    "Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.



    When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

    Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

    Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

    0 Not allowed!

  22. #21
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    va beach
    Posts
    39
    Watercrafts
    rxp, rxt, xp, spx, sx750
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

    Default

    People, take a look at the post above the one that I posted originally. Get it now? It was a joke, he was saying lean back and out of the wind to get it to go fast and then I replied. So how is that in poor taste when in fact you didn't even understand what I posted?


    0 Not allowed!

  23. #22
    kustomkarl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Sunny S.W. coast of Englewood, Florida
    Posts
    11,229
    Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

    Default

    I understand your humor...I was going with the flow. If it was offensive it would have been seen by a moderator and corrected...don't sweat it. Some people look for things to get them upset, or a reason just to post. I never said who's taste I was refering to, did I? Read my comment again and ask that question...

    Karl

    0 Not allowed!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Boat cannot run fast
    By Ador Raga in forum 2-Stroke SeaDoo Sport Boat Forum
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 04-12-08, 01:49 PM
  2. How fast does a jetski go?
    By SpaS in forum 4Tec Performance Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 03-23-08, 05:02 PM
  3. Sea Doo RXT going very fast - one handed
    By seadoofeed in forum Sea-Doo Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-07, 07:35 AM
  4. Sea Doo RXT going very fast - one handed
    By seadoofeed in forum Sea-Doo Videos
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-21-07, 07:35 AM
  5. Need Help Fast!!
    By kimmyk56 in forum 2-Stroke SeaDoo Sport Boat Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-09-07, 11:32 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Register forum what's new