for 15% off all Hydro Turf - CODE: HYDRO15
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    2004 Sea Doo Islandia
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Inline Fuel filter?

I am trying to locate the exact part number for an inline fuel filter. I have the optimax 250. Can I use the same part used in the 240? Thanks.
    2004 Sea Doo Islandia

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Merc owners thread...?

Quote Originally Posted by wdd5885 View Post
    I am trying to locate the exact part number for an inline fuel filter. I have the optimax 250. Can I use the same part used in the 240? Thanks.
    Did you look for this part in the Merc owners parts thread?

If you are looking for a secondary, inline fuel filter, then you can pick up just about any inline "clear" fuel filter at a parts shop. I bought one this past year that is see through and has the same mesh as my internal filter. You can open it up and replace the basket and even buy replacement filters for it. I bought it in the marine section of Walmart.

As far as I can tell, you have a fuel filter built onto your fuel pick-up tube and one on the side of your motor. The one on the side of the motor is available in that thread I just pointed out....
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

4. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #3
    Watercrafts
    2004 Sea Doo Islandia
    Thumbs Up

Yes, I have looked there several time trying to see if I missed something. On the 240 schematics, this fuel filter is located in the FUEL PUMP assembly section. There is no such section on the 250 DFI schematics. I will take off the filter I have now and find a suitable repalcement. Thanks for the quick reply.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up

Default Vapor Seperator?

Quote Originally Posted by wdd5885 View Post
    Yes, I have looked there several time trying to see if I missed something. On the 240 schematics, this fuel filter is located in the FUEL PUMP assembly section. There is no such section on the 250 DFI schematics. I will take off the filter I have now and find a suitable repalcement. Thanks for the quick reply.
    In the exploded view of the vapor seperator, they show a fuel filter. Is that the one your looking for? If not, there is also a phone number listed that you can use to talk to a parts service rep....

0 Not allowed!

6. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #5
    Watercrafts
    2004 Sea Doo Islandia
    Thumbs Up

It's the inline filter. I kind of figured the inline was maybe a fairly common type. Thanks so much for your help. This forum has saved me a lot of money. After purchasing the boat, I dug into manuals and this forum and have completed all the 100 service items. It appears the previous owners did not. I have to replace the belt next as there is black dust on the alternator. Hopefully it won't be too difficult. Thanks again.
    Last edited by wdd5885; 04-30-10 at 02:17 PM.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Default Forum....

I love the forum... I've met some really cool people here. Some I've even met face to face.

If your only looking to protect your fuel system, you might think about a standard inline fuel filter, see thru type, at a local marine shop like "Boats r Us" or West Marine. I don't see a reason to go OEM on this unless you only want to maintain the boat in original condition.....

0 Not allowed!

8. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #7
    Watercrafts
    2004 Sea Doo Islandia
    Thumbs Up

Thanks 'snipe. These forums are only good when fellow owners chime in, and in your case and, a few others, experts. We newbie's really appreciate it. (At least this one). If I'm ever in Mobile again, I'll buy you a beer
    Last edited by wdd5885; 04-30-10 at 09:28 PM.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information