Thread: Injection Oil

1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    1999 GTX LIMITED
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Injection Oil

Hello,
    What are ya'll's thoughts on the best injection oil i should use for my 99 GTX. Does it hurt the machine to change or mix oil? Any thoughts are good.

Thanks

Matt

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

Don't mix synthenic and mineral oils. What oil is in the machine now? Seadoo synthinic oil is brown in color. If the machine was always using the synthenic oil I would stick with that. It burns cleaner and won't have as much carbon deposits as the mineral oil. If the oil is blue than is is the mineral oil.
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

4. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #3
    Watercrafts
    1999 GTX LIMITED
    Thumbs Up

Well that bothers me then. Let me tell you the story. I took my boat out for a weekend spin and by the afternoon it seems like my whole family was at the lake with me. Well we end up running low on oil so we head to the convinesce store and pick up some quicksilver pwc 2 stroke oil. Guzzel about 3 bottles into my machine and keep the fun going. Now im thinking about takinig it back to the lake this afternoon and want to pick up some more oil. Can i go back to synthetic or do i need to stick with mineral?

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2000 Seadoo GTX-DI
    Thumbs Up

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2000 Seadoo GTX-DI
    Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by Tmkamakzi View Post
    Well that bothers me then. Let me tell you the story. I took my boat out for a weekend spin and by the afternoon it seems like my whole family was at the lake with me. Well we end up running low on oil so we head to the convinesce store and pick up some quicksilver pwc 2 stroke oil. Guzzel about 3 bottles into my machine and keep the fun going. Now im thinking about takinig it back to the lake this afternoon and want to pick up some more oil. Can i go back to synthetic or do i need to stick with mineral?
    Isn't quicksilver synthetic? I suppose you could have bought the non-synthetic variant, but this is what I picked up from Wal-Mart:
    http://www.wholesalemarine.com/p/92-858036Q01/
    Last edited by tailStrike; 05-02-08 at 10:32 AM.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

Thumbs up This is what is recommended.

Quote Originally Posted by Tmkamakzi View Post
    Your seadoo 1999 GTX LTD model # 5889, with a 947 Reed Valve engine, requires Synthetic oil. It is recommended to use Seadoo XP-S, oil. Here is the scoop on the oil and it's recommended use;

Use High quality low ASH API TC Injector oil.
    Do Not use NMMA TC-W, TC-W2 or TC-W3 outboard motor oils or other ash less type 2 cycle oil. Avoid mixing different brands of API TC oil as resulting chemical reaction will cause severe engine damage. Never mix Mineral or synthetic oil together.

Never use fuel containing more than 10 % alcohol,( Methanol or Ethanol) as severe damage will occur. The minimum of 87 octane is recommended for most engines.
    I hope this clears up your questions about the oil and fuel also..I added that in as an extra.

Karl

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information