Thread: Hull Cleaning

Watercrafts
    1997 SeaDoo GTX with 76 hours.
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Hull Cleaning

Hey all, I am a new SeaDoo owner and aquired a 1997 GTX. The previous owner mantained it really well, but neglected to clean the hull of the craft. It has what I'm sure you're all familiar with as the buildup of water scale and scum line along the hull. I just want to get everyone's two cents on good methods to take this stuff off! Thanks!!

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7 Given: 0

Well you can cover the carbs with plastic to keep the water out, than use simple green (It's bio degradable)and spray the hull out to get the icky stuff out. Be careful not to spray to high a pressure on the electrical connectors and the sealed boxes. Yes, they are sealed but they sill can let water in under pressure. Use the garden hose and let the cleaner do it's job. Be sure to clean up the mess on the ground, as you shouldn't let it drain into any body of water.

Karl
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

I'm sorry for the confusion, but I was talking about the stuff on the outside of the hull. It's more like hard water buildup and scum buildup particularly on the sides and bottom of the outside of the hull. I've tried a lot of things and that stuff is stubborn!

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 25 Given: 0

Default ...hmmmm

I wish I could remember the name of it, but several years back, I bought a sail boat with the brownish color build up, was really nasty. I went to Boats U.S. and bought a bottle of this stuff that was fish friendly, used it right in the water with a rag and the ocean, standing on a sand bar.....man, that stuff was good!....I wish I could remember the name though.
    I bet if you go to one of those marine stores, tell them what your looking for, I bet they can get it for you. Fiberglass cleaners are pretty good these days.
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Yeah, I guess I'm just going to have to scour the local marine shops. I thought you guys just might feed my laziness and throw something at me I could order online from the comfort of my desk chair. Of course then I would have posted a thread on an automatic hull scrubber. No but thanks again for the imput!

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    '03 Glastron GX-185 4.3 V-P I/O Fresh out of Seadoos!
    Thumbs Up

Default Dry dock it...

...I just pulled off all the nasty hot pink decals from my '96 XP. Then I went over much of the hull with polishing compound and a Mother's Power Ball, and it took off most of the grime and gunk on the the outside of the hull.

It also polishes up the fiberglass as it cleans the junk off...

Works just as well with some rags or sponges, and elbow grease...

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information