HELP 10 Hour Service - How Far Over - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    2008 Sea Doo RXP-X
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default HELP 10 Hour Service - How Far Over

Hey guys, its wilde here from the land down under. i picked up my new RXP-X about 5 days ago, it is un friggin beliveable, i am so impressed i can not stay of the thing. I have pics but i have lost my USB cord so i cant get them on at the moment. Guys i have a problem and i hope you guys can help - i now have 11 hours on my ski, i went to take it in this morning for its 10 hour service and they are telling me that they can not service it until tuesday next week, that is over a week away. How far over can i go on the hours until it gets serviced? this weekend is the easter long weekend and i have a lot of plans with my new baby. Can you go to 20 hours or should i not ride it at all???????

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

It would be a good idea to have it serviced at 10 hrs but if you can't do it, get it in when you can. Mainly it's to check over the doo and change the oil and filters. I have seen peopls go over the 10 hrs with out any problems.

Karl
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2007 GTX WAKE
    Thumbs Up

Hey there Wilde. Hope the rxpx is going well for you!
    Have you thought of seeing if another dealer could service it for you?
    I'm guessing they'l all be pretty busy this time of year but you never know.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Warranty!

With this being brand new, the 10 hour service is not a request, I believe to keep your warranty valid, I'd take it in now.
    Imagine you take it in at say, 22 hours, they service it, then at 32 hours, it blows up. I can tell you, the first thing the dealer is going to do is try to find you at fault for not bringing it in when the 10 service requirement was due. When you have a warranty, you have to dot your i's and cross your t's, or they will find some reason to not do your work, or hold you responsible.
    I know your having fun, but a week really isn't a long wait time. Here in the U.S., a repair shop had my 35 hp Evinrude for over a month!......
    Take it in for service, unless there is a clause that says, "service it between 10 to 20 hours of use".
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    GTI SE 155
    Thumbs Up

Would doing the oil/ filter change yourself create any problems with a warranty claim down the road? If you had receipts/ hour meter photos in your file, I can't see how SeaDoo could claim you didn't service the boat properly
    Any opinion/ experiences?

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Good question....

That's a good question but I'm afraid only one that could be answered by a dealer. The reason is, that they do more on their service than just change the oil. They inspect certain wear parts for abnormal wear and the like. So its not just abou the oil......

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information