Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com

Thread: Impeller Noise

1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    Sea-Doo GTI 3 Seater
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Impeller Noise

So I took my sea-doo back to the dealer and had it looked at because it made a loud vibration noise. They automatically new what the problem was. They said that since it was road and broke in that my impeller had some wear and it was normal. They said that once in the water this would quiet down and I wouldn't notice anything wrong.

So have any of you other guys experienced the same thing.

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Correct....

Yes, they were correct. It is most common in the older models. It really doesn't effect performance, just sounds bad when your flushing on land. Before I was a member of the forum, I actually changed my bearings because of it...........
    So don't worry. This is the second post we've had on this issue. Your not the first to come in and ask about it......
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

There is a after market kit out there that will quiet down the "impeller rattle". It consists of a spring and spacer that mounts in the cone on the end of the impeller.

Karl
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

5. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #4
    Watercrafts
    Sea-Doo GTI 3 Seater
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Impeller

Well I am glad that I am not the only one that has the noise. But I am surprised that it only being used for 3 months and brand new it is making that sound. But what the heck it has the warranty might as well use it. But does it quiet down while in the water?? If it doesn't I might look into the after market kit to quiet it down. Thanks for the replies it is much apprecieated.
    Last edited by Big K; 03-07-08 at 12:11 AM.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

You really can't hear the rattle in the water, it's muffled when underway. I only hear mine when I flush it up on the trailer or lift.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information