Bombardier Formula XP-S DI equivalent oil? - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit
    Ventura County, CA
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Bombardier Formula XP-S DI equivalent oil?

Hi there,

I'm new to the forum and new to owning a See-Doo PWC. I've been reading the operators manual and it states that I have to use there Bombardier Formula XP-S DI synthetic injection oil (or equivalent) So my question is what is a equivalent oil for the injection.

BTW I have a 1997 GTI, and a 2002 GTX-DI if this is of any help

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Deep South
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Oils....

Dan, welcome to the site. Glad to help you out. Reading your manual, there should be additional information that states you must make certain that your equivalent is Non-NMMA certified, low ash oil. It cannot be TCW-3 oil either. I've found in Wal-Mart, a synthetic blend distributed by QuickSilver (Honda) which comes as a suggested substitute for Sea-Doo. It's a bit cheaper to buy it in the gallon. Your wasting money buying it by the quart.
    Both your skis should be using the same oil, but it appears that your older ski can use mineral oil as long as it falls under the above guide lines. So if your not sure which it has been running, do not mix. Drain the oils if you don't know what's been used in the past. Since you have two skis, I'd put them both on Synthetic blend. But the DI (direct injected) should be running synthetic.

There has been a lot of research done on oils and posted in this forum. Look at the bottom of this page and you'll see links for "similar post". Click on one that most identifies what your looking for. When you read that one, go to the bottom of that page and look for another. There has been some really interesting replies in this topic......Good luck!
    Last edited by seadoosnipe; 02-10-08 at 07:19 PM.
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Sunny S.W. coast of Englewood, Florida
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

Welcome to the seadoo forum Dan. I agree with seadoosnipe, but I prefer to use authentic seadoo synthetic oil my self. If your on a budget than use the cheaper brand. My personal preference is to stay with the seadoo oil, but again that is only my personal opinion. I have never heard of anyone ever having issues with using what is made by seadoo.If you do change it out to something else be sure to totally clean out the lines and leave no air bubbles in the lines or you'll have problems. If you have any other questions be sure to give us a shout. This seadoo forum is a friendly place with many active members eager to help out. Also You might want to join as a premium member and take advantage of the very large selection of authentic seadoo manuals in the premium member library. The manuals can be read on line as a pdf file or downloaded and printed off for your own personal and privet use. Click on the "seadoo Manuals" link at the top of the page for more details. They cover trouble shooting and wire diagrams and complete repair and parts breakdowns with pictures and how to articles that could help in the oil lines and oil injector pump oil change out. Again welcome to the seadoo forum.
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information