Watercrafts
    1997 XP 800
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default 01 Seadoo RXDI info

hey guys so I am looking at a RXDI 01 today. I haven't heard anything about these skis so I want to know what to look for in these. It has 130 hours on it and the guy says the body is in fair shape. the price is $2995 and comes with a new trailer. Pretty good price so something must be wrong with it right? tell me some common problems with this model that could be a problem for me in the near future if I buy it. I am going to take a look at it tonight and was wondering what else I should check out on it.

THanks!

Jim

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 32 Given: 0

Default Reliable?....

The reason you see it for so cheap is,......no-one wants them, especially one that's 8 years old.

I know your excited and want a ski, but the DI (direct injected) is a very tempermental system. The RFI (rotax fuel injected) is more reliable. It injects on the low pressure side of the intake stroke.

The DI is a high pressure injection system that employs another sub-component part; the air compressor. The way this system works is...fuel is delivered to a chamber just before the compressor adds an amount of increased air pressure before the injector opens, then the air mixes with the fuel for atomizing and combustion.

I don't want to burst your bubble but you should really look around for another ski. Look for a naturally aspirated or RFI model...........
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 XP 800
    Thumbs Up

good to know. I also found people complain about the amount of oil it uses. I found a well maintained 97 GSX for about the same price that looks like a good ski also that i will look at tomorow. I want something reliable and I have learned a lot about the standard 2 strokes in the past few weeks so I am starting to want a ski in the 1995-1997 frame

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    2001 Seadoo RX-DI
    Thumbs Up

My 2001 RX-DI is fairly light on fuel, compared to a 2000 carburettor RX model, but the DI uses a galon of Seadoo oil for every three tanks of fuel. Here in RSA we pay the equavalent of $57 for a galon of Seadoo oil! Ouch!

Performance is very similar to the carburettor model.

Did you find a ski yet?
    2001 Seadoo RX-DI

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 XP 800
    Thumbs Up

nope. i am getting very sad because the weather here in minnesota is so good and i have nothing to ride. cant find any deals right now. no one is selling a reliable machine.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information