Carbon Fiber Rotary valve - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    95-xp,96-xp,97spx 95hx
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Carbon Fiber Rotary valve

Has anyone tryed a carbon tech rotary valve? I'm building a 720 for my 95xp and I found one in the box from my old racing day's, But I don't know anything about them. HELP Please.

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

Does it have the same valve timing cut in it? Is it made for that machine? If you nswered yes to these questions than try it. If you answered no than trash it ... simple as that!
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

4. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #3
    Watercrafts
    95-xp,96-xp,97spx 95hx
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

yes to all,it's a 159deg. I have been building seadoo motor's for yrs. back when I raced in the 90's someone gave it to me but I never used it, nobody I knew back then used one ether. just thought someone might have used one could tell me if there worth a damm.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default Welcome....

Welcome to the forum oldgunfan!.....good to have you here to chat and learn with us. I’ve never heard of the carbon tech rotary valve but I’ve never raced a PWC either. If your in question as to not whether you can use it. You have to know what degree it is. The 717 (or 720, depending on who you ask) has a rotary valve degree of 159*. There is no identification code on the valve. To find out the duration, place an angle finder on the valve and measure the valve cut-out angle or you can use the cut out template in the shop manual. Have anymore questions, bring them to the forum…..we’re always ready to help!

EDIT:....I had this post written in Microsoft Word, posted it and see you've already posted that you know it's a 159*.....but you know, I don't see why you couldn't try it. The ones we use now are what, 1/64" thick and stainless.......why not try it. It's not really that hard to change out. Normally, you'd think the carbon type would be stronger and lighter, but does it really make a hoot if your not going to race it?........
    Last edited by seadoosnipe; 02-01-08 at 10:14 PM.
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

Realistically if your not racing it, it is not a big deal to be honest.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information