Watercrafts
    07' Seadoo GTI SE
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Connecting a Battery

Hello all, I have had a lot of different answers to this question, not sure it even really matters, but when you are re-connecting your battery for the summer which way do you connect, red first, black second, or black first and red second,,, please let me know which way is the proper way and why? Thanks for your time guys !

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 7 Given: 0

You need to CONNECT the Red+ first, and the Black- negative second. This keeps the battery from causing a spark and an explosion. To DIS-connect, Black- first and Red+ second ...same reason.

Karl
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Which terminal first

Quote Originally Posted by nexis420 View Post
    Hello all, I have had a lot of different answers to this question, not sure it even really matters, but when you are re-connecting your battery for the summer which way do you connect, red first, black second, or black first and red second,,, please let me know which way is the proper way and why? Thanks for your time guys !
    You should always connect the red (positive) first then the black which is the ground. The reason is you will be much less likely to get a spark doing it this way. Sparks are never a good thing because if there are any gas fumes it can explode.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 33 Given: 0

Default Shorts....

This is really a simple answer and once you understand how the battery works, I think you'll agree.

If you disconnect the positive terminal of the battery first, when you use a wrench, if you happen to touch any other piece of metal, the battery will short out by that wrench hitting ground. If you remove the ground cable first and the wrench comes in contact with any other metal components, it will not have any arc flash, because it's already grounded.

Always disconnect the ground first and re-connect it last..........
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information