Visit PWCMuscle.com
for 15% off all Hydro Turf - CODE: HYDRO15
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Watercrafts
    2000 Sea-Doo Challenger 2000 240 EFI M2 Jet Drive
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Default Any 4 Stroke to replace the Mercury M2?

Thankfully this is not an issue at this time but I'm more curious about this for future reference.

Is there any 4 stroke powerhead out there that would relatively easily replace the Mercury 240 EFI M2 in a 2000 Challenger 2000?

Hope I'm not jinxing my motor by asking, it is a great motor...I just hate the 2 stroke smoke.

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73 Given: 0

Default Old post!....

Hey Scarie.....I think we solved the problem with the "old smokey" but I just read this post and found it a bit amusing, so I wanted to throw in my 2 cents in on it..........."no" , as far as I know, the Mercury M-2 engine is the only engine that will fit. The new models now run the 4 cycle 4-TEC engines, but it won't fit in your boat. The shaft and pump come out the back verses dropping down thru the hull, then out the back.........but I think once your M-2 is completely back in tip top shape, you'll be happy.
    Now about that trim tab?
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

I've been looking around for a 4 stroke replacement and haven't seen anything that might work. That would be a great thing if it available.
    Karl
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 73 Given: 0

Default M-2

I'm afraid not. The only way you could replace the Mercury would be to do a complete mod and remove the jet pump also. Would it be worth the cost....no, unless you wanted to go with a Berkley pump and do a little racing. Then, I don't think the hull is race efficient.
    The good thing is, Sea-Doo no longer uses the Mercury's M-2 engine in their Sport, Recreational or Muscle boats. All their boats in the 2008 season use the 1503 4-TEC engines. They found the horsepower of the V-6 couldn't match that of the 1503 when it came to efficiency and weight ratio.
    What a nice engine!........

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information