a little help here - Seadoo Forums
Need OEM parts for your boat or PWC? Visit SeadooWarehouse.com
  1. ☑ ORIGINAL POSTER #1
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 0 Given: 0

Question a little help here

i have just bought a seadoo im having a few problems with it does it need an earth for it to run, because theres an earth cable goin to a nut on the engine when this comes loose it wont attempt to start when its tight it starts but im an electrician and i know that things dont need an earth to work, but not sure if its the same case if u can help in any way please message me thanks Deano

0 Not allowed!

2. # ADS

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 15 Given: 0

uh if you mean a Ground, or a NEG- connection....yes it does. Be sure it is a good clean connection.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1997 Challenger, 1997 GTX , 1991 SP and a shop with 2 spare 787cc's and a bunch of parts laying arou
    Thumbs Up
    Received: 78 Given: 0

Default A second!

If your talking about the ground wire bolted to the side of the engine block at the starter casing, then yes, that's the ground and you do need it for anything on that doo to work. I second your opinion Karl.
    Looking for tips and advice, researched articles on carbs, spark plugs and general maintenance can be found at Snipes Korner. You can also follow me on "Twitter".

Quality parts at low prices, visit Seadoowarehouse right here in our own forum. Please PM me if you are having a problem finding what you need!

Is your jet ski fast? Do you want your XP or RXP to stand out? I know a place that has what you need to make it faster. Make your jetsksi a muscle craft, not just the ordinary, standard stock ski.

Seen my GTX?... Those awesome graphics can be purchased from JetSki Detailing. Tell them Seadooforum sent you.

Ever wonder what the inside of your 787cc engine looks like. Want to identify the parts, check out my thread on the 787. I'm sure there is something for everyone who want to learn about the internal parts.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    96 gsx 94 bayliner jazz
    Thumbs Up

Remember the manual was also in French and may have some not quite American descriptions in it . Remember the whole thing is a floating ground (no pun intended) just like a car. So everything elect. has some way got to make it back to the motor which is not a motor in that since. It is a big hunk of meal used for grounding through the battery.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1996 Chris Craft 26' Cruiser, Kawasaki 440 Superstock, 550 Mod., 2008 200Speedster 310 Hp
    Thumbs Up

You are correct, everything is grounded in a loop so to speak, all ending up with polarity + and - back to the battery. Languages around the planet are interesting....earth cable is a ground cable.
    Please, If you have a "troubleshooting" request, use the correct category in the Sea-Doo Forum first.

"Premium / Subscribed Members", not getting an answer, pm me directly for Expert Advise.

When your ready for more performance, click on the this link!

Click to order your Sea-Doo Parts at a fair price.

Click here to view/join our Group on "Face Book"

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    1990 SP
    Thumbs Up

More to the point, the system found on these is Direct Current, or DC, you are probably more familiar with Alternating Current, or AC, which is found on stationary object, buildings, homes, etc.

Without a good Earth, or ground, as described earlier, the electical system can not complete a circuit. This varies from land vehicular usage because the medium of travel is not conducive to proper circuits, ie: water. Cars, truck, motorcycles, etc, for the most part, have a matal framework that allows many portions of a land vehicles anatomy to be used as a ground, or earth. A wator-born craft needs a direct connection to the block for the ground to function correctly. The engine and other systems, all use this connection from the block to the battery as a ground, thereby completing the elctrical circuit.

0 Not allowed!

Watercrafts
    Thumbs Up

Good call Dusthawk, the ground block is and extention of the ground terminal so that you don't have 15 or more wire connections on the battery directly.
    Karl

0 Not allowed!

Thread Information