PDA

View Full Version : cavatating and overheating?

Lane
10-20-07, 01:15 PM
My 2004 Seadoo Sportster Le Di was running fine two weeks ago. I took it down to the ocean for the first time, took it off the trailer and before I could get out of the dock it starts overheating. On the trailer, with the hose hooked up to it, it runs perfect, but in the water it is cavatating like its got someones arm up in it and alarms that it is overheating right away. I even had it cut off on me. I have flushed it and all the hoses are recieving water from the tap, (the ones you can see) and there is nothing visible in the grate or impeller. Please help if anyone has seen this before.

seadoosnipe
10-20-07, 01:29 PM
This sounds like the classic case of a wearing ring collapse. This will be hard to see looking up through your grate. You can try looking through the grate with a flashlight to see if there is any damage to your wearing ring. If you don't see it, there is still a 90% chance that the ring or a major blockage between the pump and stator is the problem.
Your engine is shutting down on high temp because there is no water pressure in your nozzle to supply the engine with water. Your able to run it at home, because your using an outside water force to push the water through the engine.
Either way you look at it, it's proabably going to be in your best interest to pull the pump for inspection.