View Full Version : To all 657 owners

12-08-07, 02:35 PM
i just got a 93 seadoo xp with a 657 dual carb motor,all stock from what i can see, it might have after markert impeller not sure, and i want to know how fast they are, and the rev limiter is at 7,050 rpms right? do they have a pretty good hull shot eneough to pull a tuber, top speed?, and does the VTS sytem actually help get up on plane and better handleing?

12-08-07, 03:01 PM
Not real familar with that year Doo but I don't see why it won't pull a skier. The engine should have enough power and the VTS is great to do just what you described it to do. I use mine all the time when pulling a tuber (787cc). I set my trim with the nozzle all the way down and when I apply full power, I start to come up on plane, then push the nozzle up a bit for speed. My engine has more power than I need for tubing and has to be throttled back some. Although your engine may be running at WOT to tube, you still should have the power to do it.

12-08-07, 06:12 PM
after thinking about it should have enough power to pull a tuber, i had a 11' inflatable with a 15hp outboard and i pulled a 80lb tuber fine at 22mph, and the 657 has like 60hp

12-09-07, 01:03 AM
You will be surprised at how quickly you can pull up a tuber. Lot's of power and more top speed than you need...

05-18-08, 11:32 PM
after breaking the motor in i got about 49mph out of it it was around 49.86, on glass water no wind no current i didn't want to got WOT to long because of the new motor, stock everything, it has amaizzzing top end, from 5500-7K it will pull u of the seat, i guess it was a good $550 deal i got

05-18-08, 11:36 PM
I'm glad to hear your happy with you investment. Post some pictures in the "User Galleries".