PDA

View Full Version : Intake grate for a 2001 Islandia

dogman
01-22-09, 09:50 PM
I hope someone can steer me in the right direction. I am looking for a good intake grate for my 2001 Islandia. While doing some winter upgrades, I noticed the current grate is missing two tines. I have read that the factory grates (Hydro-surge weedless grates) are not very reliable. What brand and where can I find a grate?

Thanks in advance for your help.

seadoosnipe
01-22-09, 11:29 PM
You can find good performance grates at RIVA. They have a grate that is suppose to keep the pump in the water and help stop cavitating while in a sharp turn............ http://www.rivayamaha.com/

dogman
01-24-09, 09:28 PM
Thanks for the information.

rookie101
01-24-09, 11:30 PM
If anyone is having trouble finding a replacement for their Hydro Surge they can actually order a performance replacement directly from any Mercury dealer.

The part numbers are 852962T for a six tine fixed aluminum grate, and 854810T for an eleven tine stainless steel rock grate (more for river boats, and not recomended for weedy areas). These are Mercury/Quicksilver performance replacement part numbers that should fit all V6 1997 and newer engines, but be sure to confirm with your dealer.

Aaron:cheers: